One the the prime objectives of the 10,000 Start-ups program is to provide opportunities for early stage startups who are looking for little bit of help to take a full fledged startup leap. With that in mind we have organized about 4 on-the-spot funding events since our launch in April’13 where more than twelve startups got on-the-spot funding offers from angel investors. These events were organized in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
We are now putting up another on-the-spot funding edition – Techstock at the biggest ever confluence of startup and creative communities at Hyderabad – TheAugustFest, 30th & 31st August! The August Fest is a 2 day Art and Entrepreneurship Festival bringing together Entrepreneurs, Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Film Makers, Musicians, Fashion Designers, Photographers and other creative pros. onto one platform and allows them to showcase what they’ve got to the world.
The Techstock edition at TheAugustFest would be moderated by Ramesh Loganathan – VP, Progress Software.
Format of Techstock is as follows:
- 10 prototype to pre-revenue start-ups pitch to 10 angel investors on stage to raise funds and get mentored by High Profile Angel Investors
- Start-ups make a 8 minutes pitch to individual investors for INR 10L against 10% equity.
- Investors raise their hands to invest in the company, if there are a minimum of 4 investors interested in a startup, the deal goes through and the startup takes INR 10L!
- The amount of money and stake will be divided among the investors on pro-rata, based on the number of interested investors
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of agreement (term sheets etc.) will be standardized and shared pre-event with investors and start-ups. This will be signed off at the event itself
- There will be no negotiations on stage
- The investors participating will be bringing their cheque books along to the event!
To apply for pitch at TechStock, submit your company to www.10000startups.com by 24th August 2014 and once you have completed your application, fill in the form below:
[Form not available after update]
If we like you, we would reach out by 26th August’14.
Only 10 prototype to pre-revenue stage companies would be part of this. If you have any queries at any point, drop us an email on [email protected]
If you want to attend TheAugustFest on 30th and 31st August in Hyderabad, you can register on http://www.theaugustfest.com/